Beauty Box 5 - February 2015

Beauty Box 5 has arrived!  BB5 is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends 5 deluxe sample to full size items each month.  It is $12 with a monthly subscription, $10/month with a quarterly subscription or $8.25/month with a year sub.

The box comes with a card that lists the items in your box, the price and if your product is full size.  There is not a points program at this time with BB5.  Anything issue, you could call it, is that I've heard they send sometimes send discontinued products.  This means you don't know how old the stuff is and if you like it you can't buy it unless it's on Amazon or ebay. 

This month the theme is Hooray!. I received 4 full size items, 1 sample size and they sent a bonus gift to celebrate their birthday month!  




Below are the items I received and my first impressions.   

 
 Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in Vanilla Frosting .04 oz
I normally don't use mineral eye shadows, not sure why, it just wasn't want I "grew up on".  But I got one in my last BB5 and it works really well.  I've been needing a nice white shadow too so it was nice to get this one.


Revlon Colorstay Nail Enamel in Velvet Rope .4oz 
A full size nail polish is always nice to get.  I like darker colors so that fits in my range but it's also red, which I currently have.  We'll have to see how it measures up to my OPI that I love.  


Absolute New York Absolute Love Lip Balm in Strawberry .42oz
I always like getting lip balms in my boxes, you can never have too many in my opinion.  This one smells nice and has a slight tint to it.  The only thing I noticed was when I opened it I'm reminded of a candle or wax in a tin. 


Avon Big Color Eye Pencil in Natural Vibe .056oz
I was a little surprised to find an Avon product in my box.  I've had some Avon stuff before but it's not something I buy on a regular basis.  This eye crayon is really nice.  It swatches very nude with a slight shimmer.  I'm anxious to use it on my eyes and maybe even in my water line.  It will probably make a good lid base as well.


Freeman Bath & Body Collection in cucumber, melon & ginseng 1oz
I've seen this brand before but have never actually purchased it or used it so I was glad to get it in the box.  At the same time, I feel like body wash is not necessarily why I purchased a beauty box subscription.  This came in a pouch so I was unable to smell it but I like the cucumenber/melon scents so it should be fine.


BB5 Bonus - $20 Gift Card to Your Minerals
A $20 gift card is always great to receive but I will say I was a little hesitant because if the $ amount they are giving you is pretty high then either the products are high price or maybe not as well known or maybe cheaper.  I hadn't heard of Your Minerals and my curisousity got the better of me so I looked up the website.  I think I found 2 items that are below $20, and by that I mean $19.95, which for good products that is not abnormal.  They had some mineral shadows, brushes, glimmer powders and more.  I'm still debating if I will use this or not.  I will still pay like $7 - $8 with shipping and such and I'm not sure I want to do that with something I haven't heard of before.  Does that even make sense?


So, Beauty Box 5 turned out alright this month.  I'm not overly excited about it but I'm not upset by it at all.  I feel like I got my money's worth and will use all of the items.  The only other thing I would say is that I was unable to find direct links to most of the items but a lot of them were on Amazon.  Not sure I would repurchase.  What did you get in your Beauty Box 5?  Will you use the gift card?

Labels: , , , , , , ,