Mini-Reviews - amika Nourishing Mask & Rusk® Texture Spray




amika Nourishing Mask
       This is for intense conditioning and repair, it's free of parabens, sulfates and artificial colors.  You apply it to your hair and leave on 2-3 minutes before rinsing. 

I received a sample of this in my first Birchbox.  From the moment I put it on my hair I could tell it was doing something.  I absolutely love it!  It smells nice, left my hair super soft and I felt like it even added some volume.  A 60ml size of this product is available via Birchbox for $12 or a 250ml for $28.  I say give it a go, I really think you'll love it!


Rusk® Texture Spray
        This is a dry finishing spray with medium hold.  You can use it as a texture spray or a hairspray. 

I received this in my Birchbox also.  I was super excited to try a new texture spray and glad I got it in my box.  Unfortunately, I did not like the residue this left on my hair when I first sprayed it on my roots.  I have an oily scalp and I felt like it was emphasizing that even more.  The smell is good, kind of like you just walked out of a salon.  I've used it a couple times as more of an actual hairspray and it seemed to work okay.  I will continue to use this and make sure my first impression is my last impression.  My mind could always be changed.  This product is available via Birchbox.  You can get 1.5oz for $7 or 8oz for $18.


Labels: , , , , ,