Random Things I Use

So, I had a list of a few things that I got, made or just use and wanted to share.  I didn't really have enough content to put each in their own blog post so I'm combining them all here!

These are totally random things that I'm loving in my life right now.

A while back I was wanting a cute board that I could put our weekly schedule on for the rest of my family.  I didn't want anything fancy but I needed something large enough to fit everyone's schedule on it and still be able to read it.  Of course, I went directly to Pinterest, isn't that the first place you go?  I found quite a few cute suggestions but nothing that I felt fit my family and what we needed.  I came to the conclusion I would use various ideas and make my own board.  I wanted something pretty basic but sorted by day of the week.  I used a cheap frame (I can't remember where I got it from), some scrapbook paper I had on hand and printed out some cute letters.  The final result is below.  It's not perfect by any means but it works for us.  It fits perfectly on the side of our fridge and is in a very central location.  It didn't cost much and it works, that means a lot to me.  Have you made any weekly/monthly boards/calendars? Do you even use anything like that?





Another item that I am loving is something that I purchased at the Dollar Tree.  It's a basic business card holder.  But I use it as a phone holder.  It's perfect for watching videos, which I just happen to do often.  I saw some at Wal-Mart but the way the bottom was curved up it would block one side of my phone.  This one is flat so it makes it perfect as a stand.  I'm just so happy with this purchase and it was a bonus that it was only a $1.

 


Kathleen Lights














 

I absolutely love this water bottle!  A while back my husband and I went on a mission to try and drink a lot less soda and get our water in.  There were days I wouldn't drink any water!  Now, I drink it most of the time and usually get at least 100 ounces in every day.  This bottle made it a little more fun, I guess, I'm not sure.  It's really neat, the top twists off so you can pour anything into it and not have to worry about the small spout.  It's insulated and comes in a lot of colors.  I, of course, had to get my favorite - purple.  These aren't very expensive, I think I paid $5 or $6, and I got it at Wal-Mart. This thing never leaves my side!



Something else I purchased more recently, although not as exciting, was a Pumie Scouring Stick.  We have older toilets and the rings were setting in, especially in my boys bathroom.  I saw something like this on a video from Clean My Space and found this one at Lowe's for $1.48.  I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try it.  Let me tell you, this thing is AWESOME.  I love it.  Our toilets look brand new again.  It was so easy to use.  This can also be used on rust, tile, and more. 





So, there are a few things I love using and they are simple, inexpensive and work!  What kinds of things have you found that you just love or can't live without?  It's the little things that count, right?  ;)







Labels: , , , ,